BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE CONFERENCE, please read the following.
Members of the press are required to register their attendance at Directors’ College 2013.
All keynote sessions and “short shots” sessions of Stanford Law School’s Directors’ College are open for coverage by pre-registered press. Press may attend all other sessions under the Chatham House Rule:
Chatham House Rule:
“When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.”
Who is eligible to register as press for Directors’ College:
· Reporters, writers, producers and editors with staff credentials from newspapers, magazines, online news services, wire services, radio or television networks and stations. “Online news services” means online outlets that provide daily or weekly coverage of legal / related news (fact-based reporting); the website must extend beyond forums, personal diaries, personal analysis, or opinion.
· Freelancers with approved credentials and/or an assignment letter from an approved media outlet.
· Editors, writers of newsletters created and distributed by universities, government institutions or public agencies for the benefit of the public.
· New media / social media bloggers: Bloggers who are associated with traditional media outlets or those who report on breaking legal or related business news on a daily/weekly basis will be allowed to register as media. You may be asked to provide proof of authorship in the form of live links to copies of articles/blog entries published within the past six months.
Acceptable media credentials for reporters, freelancers, bloggers include:
1. Letter on official letterhead from an editor of a recognized publication or a producer of a recognized broadcast program certifying that reporter/freelancer is covering the conference for the respective organization
2. Government issued press credentials
3. Official media outlet issued credentials/ID
Business cards will not be accepted as credentials.
The following groups are not eligible for media registration / badges—no exceptions:
- Production companies
- Marketing, sales and public relations professionals
- Personal/non-commercial news web site writers
- Publishers and associate publishers
- Industry representatives and financial or industry analysts
Please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Program content and scheduled panelists are subject to change. Please check our website for regular updates and additional program details.
Updated on 07/12/2012