Logistics & Travel

The International Summer program will be held at Paul Brest Hall on the Stanford University campus.

Paul Brest Hall
555 Salvatierra Walk
Stanford, CA 94305

To view a map of the Stanford Campus, click here.

Wilbur Field Garage
560 Wilbur Way
Stanford, CA 94305

Driving Directions

Conference Parking Information: If you plan to park on campus, we will provide you with a virtual parking pass (more information will be sent closer to the event date). The closest parking lot is Wilbur Field Garage.  If you are coming from either San Francisco or San Jose area, please note that during commute hours in the morning and afternoon the travel time can take an hour or more. Also, please allow time for parking, as parking on campus can be difficult.

Travel and accommodations arrangements and costs are the responsibility of each participant.


Most hotels have a Stanford rate. Please mention that you would like the Stanford rate when making your hotel reservation. A list of local hotels close to Stanford Law School can be found on the following website: Click here

Stanford University offers limited, on-campus summer housing for Stanford-affiliated guests 18 years or older. Click here for more information.

Airport Transportation

Visitors traveling to Stanford Law School can fly into the following airports:

San Francisco International Airport (SFO): 25 miles
San Jose International Airport (SJC): 20 miles
Oakland International Airport (OAK): 40 miles (taxi/shuttle from this airport may be costly)

Ground Transportation

Super Shuttle
1-800-BLUE VAN (258-3826)

BayPorter Express

Car Service

Mosaic Global Transportation

Reliable Rides

Taxis and rideshares such as Uber and Lyft are readily available at all airports. To reserve a taxi from Stanford to the airport call:

Stanford Yellow Cab

International Visas

Since the summer program does not test participants and does not offer academic credit, it is categorized as a training program for visa purposes (visitors who attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference).

Available Visa Types

There are two ways you may enter the United States to attend the summer program.

Visa Waiver Program

In order to enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, visitors from participating countries must:

• be a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country (you will find the participating Visa Waiver Program countries here),
• have a valid passport issued by the participating country,
• be seeking entry for 90 days or fewer, as a temporary visitor for business or pleasure.

B-1 Visitor Visas

If you do not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program, you should request a B-1 Visitor Visa to attend the summer program. The B-1 visa is the appropriate visa for entry into the United States for participation in a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference. When applying for a visa, you should include the acceptance letter, the invoice, and a payment confirmation. The acceptance letter and the invoice will be sent to you by e-mail.

The U.S. State Department requires visa applications to be submitted at least 60 days before the date of travel. In some cases, visa processing times may take longer. Therefore, international participants, who need a B-1 visa, are encouraged to submit their summer program application as soon as possible so that they may have sufficient time to apply for their visa if accepted.